Wednesday, February 01, 2006

PBUH?

While reading a couple of articles in arabic news media, I was wondering about this "PBUH" thing, which always follows, when writing "Mohammed".

I didn't try out any arabic version of Word, but does it automatically insert PBUH, when one writes "Prophet Mohammed" or "Mohammed"? Given the latest insight into the methods of arabic regimes that I have gained during the last couple of days, I believe Microsoft must have been pressured into creating such a feature.

If there is in fact no such feature, they should create one. I kind of feel sorry for those journalists, who has to type those extra 6 characters (with paranthesis), which also leaves me wondering what the punishment for forgetting PBUH could be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home